Let’s face it: any event that involves a lot of people has a high likelihood of being just a little messy. Wedding days are no exception. Between rushing to your hair and makeup appointment and making sure you have your vows, things can be hectic. The last thing you need is to worry about a loose button on your dress, shiny makeup, or not having enough snacks! Here are the wedding emergency kit essentials that will have you covered from the morning of until that sparkler exit.
- Dental Floss
- Medicine — prescription as well as Benadryl, Advil or Tylenol, Antacids
- Mini First Aid Kit
- Tampons and Pads
- Eyedrops — especially for spring and summer weddings when allergens are high
- Hand Sanitizer
- Contact Solution
- Double-sided Tape — for pesky fallen straps and other mishaps
- Fabric Tape
- Mini Sewing Kit
- Extra Button — that closely matches any buttons on the wedding dress
- Safety Pins
- Stain Remover Pen
- White Chalk — for when the stain remover won’t work, you can put white chalk on the wedding dress to hide most stubborn stains
- Lint Roller
- Hand Held Steamer
- Hem Tape — perfect for mending hems with no stitching!
- Breast Petals — to hide any unwanted nipping!
- Extra Panty Hose
- Travel-size versions of bride & bridesmaid makeup — for touchups!
- Blotting Paper — especially for my spring and summer brides!
- Bobby Pins — in a variety of shades
- Extra Earring Backs
- Colored Nail Polish — to match bride and bridesmaids
- Clear Topcoat — for polish chips and filling in stocking runs
- Makeup Remover
- Razor — in case you missed a spot or forgot under your arms!
- Tweezers — great for plucking flyaways
- Travel-size Hairspray
- Travel-sizes Brush / Comb
- Chapstick or Gloss
- Travel-size Perfume
- Nail Polish Remover
- Nail Clippers
- Nail File
- Eyelash Glue
- Cotton Balls
- Pencil Sharpener — for eyeliners that have gone dull
- Dry Shampoo
- Water Bottle or Two — for the bride
- Power Bars
- Breath Mints or Mouthwash
- Phone Charger
- Straws — so you don’t smudge your lipstick!
- Super Glue — for mending cuts, fingernails, and other mishaps!
- Heel Stoppers — to keep your heels from sinking in the ground
- Insoles — because comfort is key
- Blister Stick — to keep your heels from rubbing
- Lighter — great for mending fraying fabric on the go
- Baby Powder — perfect for wicking sweat, absorbing moisture, and keeping beaded bodices from chafing
- Fan — for my spring and summer brides for sure!
- Wet Wipes
- Travel-size champagne or airplane bottles
- Tissues — for happy tears!
With all those items in your wedding emergency kit you should be covered for all the usual emergencies and more!